AFAIK, Kwikdisk only shows non-SM controlled devices. Go to MCC>Mount Points>CD Burner/CD Rom>Options (click ok)>
Then uncheck the box that says "supermount" and check the boxes that say "no auto" and "user".

After saving the changes, reboot the system and supermount will be off. Then Kwikdisk should "see" the drive.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jason

Stefano Pogliani wrote:

Jason,

kwikdisk only shows Harddrives, no CDrom ! All my harddrive partitions, though....
Another question. How do I disable SuperMount ?

TIA

/stefano

Jason wrote:

I have had the same problem in the past myself. I too believe it is a problem with SM. I disable it and then start Kwikdisk. I make sure and save my sessions upon shutting down my system so Kwikdisk starts every time I Login. The mounting CD's (or whatever is as easy as clicking on it in Kwikdisk, poof, mounted. Click again...poof, unmounted. WAY quicker than the command line but even with the CLI, once a command is in bash history, just scrol to it with your up arrow key and re-use the command so you don't have to type it each time.

The problem seems to be that with SM enabled and if you are working in the /mnt/cdrom dir., then press the HW eject, SM doesn't like it and immediately overrides the HW eject command, which causes the tray to fly back in. If you change out of that working dir than all should be well, even with SM activated.

My .0002c worth.

Cheers

Jason

Stefano Pogliani wrote:

Mark,

"eject" works.
But, I was wondering why the HW button behaves differently in Linux and NT4 (dual boot machine).

/stefano