Fisrt thing is I still don't catch why you can overclock... I understand
that someone is afraid to (I am too, so I don't until my system is well
behind new market products so the increase of perfomance is desired
using many programs and I break somthing is cheap to replace or can
upgrade to something better ;-) Anyway, there are programs that do the
overclock directly into mainboard/graphic bios so you can do them from
DOS/Windows and make them permanent (dangerous, as well).

I think option -O4 maybe specific to a certain compiler (egcs, for
example). In the past I used djgpp (amazing gcc port to DOS) and also
used a now dead fork of it for pentium specific and had up to -O6 !!! I
just googled a bit and have seen it exists in egcs :-)) and there are
also some proposal of -O4 optimizaion standard.

I don't know about voodoo ;-)) (have nvidia based) but maybe you can
have a look in wonderful /proc tree:
cat /proc/dma  --> You should have dma on
cat /proc/devices --> My nvidia device is listed here, so should Vodoo
cat /proc/pci --> A list with all devices attached to pci bus (not very
useful in this case IMHO)

In my case (nvidia) I have (the most informational):
cat /proc/driver/nvidia/version --> Driver version an gcc version used
to compile it.
cat /proc/driver/nvidia/cards/0 --> IRQ and graphic card bios
cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/card --> Card facilities used/available (1x,
2x,... fast writes,...)
cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/host-bridge --> Same as before but for
motherboard bridge

Humm, I didn't know all the info it provided! ;-))

If you want to go on with gcc optimizations, you can try adding:
-fexpensive-optimizations
to Makefile and playing with:
-funroll-loops
-funroll-all-loops
-malign* options
(these will speed up things but may and probably should overfill cpu
cache so effect can be positive or negative depending on each program
and each cpu power/cache size ratio).

Good luck, again!

--
           Diego  Dominguez
              __/\__

Yahoo! Postales
Felicita las Navidades con las postales más
divertidas desde http://postales.yahoo.es