This time James Sparenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
becomes daring and writes:

> ls isn't broken... at least as I read the man page. It should display
> everthing in the directory as if it where a file and not expand
> directorys ... if you cd to dir X it and do ls -d it returns ./   As for
> coreutils.... this isn't in 9.0 or 8.2 .... Texstar has it .. but I
> can't find it on my disks there ls comes from fileutils....  cooker may
> also have it as well.  Behavior may have changed for it.

  Ok, just tried it on a pure 9.0 box (I forgot this wasn't cooker@ :)
  and I get normal results...that is, directories only.

[vox@rebeca vox]$ rpm -qf /bin/ls
fileutils-4.1.11-5mdk
[vox@rebeca vox]$ ls -d ../*
../rebeca/  ../test/  ../vox/
[vox@rebeca vox]$

  So, again, WFM, don't know what the problem can be...you may want to
  check out your aliases, in case something there is getting in the
  way...it's the only thing that comes to mind right now.

  Vox

--
Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_