On Monday 06 January 2003 3:01 am, Eric Fernandez wrote:

> >I'll keep digging and playing as I'm sure you will.  I ask that if
> > you make further progress to please share as I will.

> Hi !
> I could make it work this week-end.
> The way to do is to recompile lirc from source. Then loading lircd
> makes a working device !
> I think there is a problem with the used options for compiling the
> lirc package in mandrake distribution. I do not know if it is
> corrected in cooker. I shall try when there is the next beta
> testing.
> Eric

Thanks for the input.  Yeah, I had some success with the source too as
I could get some response from irw in console.  However I did'nt
leave them activated long enough to get xawtv to work with it as
'something' was interferring with my cordless optical mouse, even
with just using lircd and not lircmd.  :(  Well, given a choice, got
to have the mouse.  :)  Anyway, I'll mess with it more as the spirit
moves me.  It's just kinda thrilling that this can work in linux.
Thanks again.
-s