On Sunday January 12 2003 10:09 am, Azrael wrote:

> I don't need all that many apps. As long as b1 supports
> gaim/gnomeicu/evolution/xchat/xine and of course a terminal, then
> I'll consider it.
>
> Hmm.. does it come with xine? I seem to have trouble with xine.

    Everything you've listed except gaim is on the beta CD. Gaim and
anything that's not, is available from cooker or cooker plf mirrors.
(plf:   http://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/linux/plf/cooker/i586/  and
there's other plf mirrors).
 http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/cookerdevel.php3  lists the cooker
mirrors. You should read the info on the page, particularly
" How to contribute to the debugging? " (or don't complain when 9.1
final isn't up to your expectations.)  Also see
 http://leon.brooks.fdns.net/Mandrake/bugFAQ.html   and
 http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/cookerfaq.php3
    If you don't want to, or aren't subcribed to the cooker ML
 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker&r=1&w=2  is a good
archive.

 Basically the beta Cd is a minimal system, RPMS/ only. For RPMS2/
stuff (contribs) you'll need to d/l whatever you want to add.
 http://www.mandrakeclub.com/tmp/CD1list.txt   lists the beta CD
contents.

> I can have 0.9.13 working perfectly, with encrypted dvd's etc.. but
> can't seem to get 0.9.17 or the 1 beta stuff to work fully... I
> suppose I should stick with what works... but I kinda get turned on
> by new things :) Which gets back to why I want to try 9.1b1 ;)
>
> If I nuke ~/.gconf* ~/.gnome* will I be ok keeping my home?
> Anything else I should nuke?

     You can probly keep a 9.0 /home without problems. I dunno, I
always start with a fresh /home as I explained previously. Fresh
installs being a good time to clean house and avoid stale old cruft
anyway ;)