Hi Buchan,

: > I'm trying to add driver to the print$ share in Windows 2000 as a
printer
: > administrator. But after selecting Printers/Server Properties/Drivers,
all
: > tabs cannot be selected (grayed out).
:
: You need to be listed in 'printer admin group' or a member of such a
: group, such as:
:
: printer admin group = @adm root
: etc
:
: BTW, process is like this, browse to the Printers share on the machine,
: right-click the printer, choose properties, say no when offered to
: install a driver, click advanced, choose "New Driver".

I do have printer_admin = @"MYNTDOMAIN\Print Admins", root. I also set my
Print Admins to be the primary group for the operators. I also tried the
process you described, but I still got access denied. Does this have to do
with CUPS? Do I need to use cupsaddsmb? But I can't find the PPD from CUPS.
They were available in the CUPS web config.

: > Is there a way I can enable them so
: > workstations can automatically install the print drivers? The print$
path is
: > /var/lib/samba/printers, and permission is set to 755 with
: > user:group=root:root. I tried 777 and change group to printer admin but
: > nothing worked. Would someone please help?
:
: Well, you should also have some directories under there such as W32X86 etc
:
: Check the perms of those, and also ensure the share has enabled write
: for whoever is trying to upload drivers.

All subfolder are there. It is 755 for all subfolders. The subfolders were
created by Mandrake by default. I even did a setfacl -m g:"ARKONDOMAIN\Print
Admins":rwx /var/lib/samba/printers, and gave rx access for all parent
folders. But still unsuccessful 8( Please help.

Regards,
Norman