Hi,

Are the GUI network tools supposed to take care of all changes needed to
connect through KPPP instead of through an already configured ethernet
adapter?  That is, change the default gateway, change shorewall
configuration, and make sure that DNS is ok?  And do all of this with
the ethernet adapter still present?  I recently had to change the way
Mandrake connects to the Internet, from cable to regular modem.  I tried
the GUI tool without success, but was able to figure it out manually
after a little research and changes in /etc/sysconfig/network

If the network GUI tools are supposed to do this automatically (with the
different profiles), then I suppose there is a bug in them. Or else it
is a missing feature?  Can someone replicate this in the 9.1 beta?

Thanks,
Damon
--
Damon Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>