From: Praedor Tempus Atrebates [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 3:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] X forwarding

On Monday 27 January 2003 05:02 pm, JOHAM,DAVID (HP-Boise,ex1) wrote:
> I don't seem to have any problem running KDE apps in remote X windows.
> Usually I ssh in rather than telnet. What kind of errors are you seeing?
> Can you post the output of something like a konqueror start-up sequence?

Here's the output from trying to run kcontrol via x-forward between my
desktop
and laptop:

[praedor@stonekeep praedor]$ ssh -X 192.168.0.2 kcontrol
[EMAIL PROTECTED]'s password:
kdeinit: Launched DCOPServer, pid = 4339 result = 0
_KDE_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
DCOP: register 'anonymous-4339' -> number of clients is now 1
DCOPServer up and running.
kdeinit: Launched KLauncher, pid = 4343 result = 0
DCOP: unregister 'anonymous-4339'
DCOP: register 'klauncher' -> number of clients is now 1
DCOP: unregister 'klauncher'
DCOP: register 'klauncher' -> number of clients is now 1
DCOP: register 'anonymous-4343' -> number of clients is now 2
DCOP: new daemon klauncher
DCOP: unregister 'anonymous-4343'
kdeinit: Launched KDED, pid = 4346 result = 0
DCOP: register 'kded' -> number of clients is now 1
DCOP: unregister 'kded'
DCOP: register 'kded' -> number of clients is now 1
DCOP: register 'anonymous-4346' -> number of clients is now 2
DCOP: register 'anonymous-4347' -> number of clients is now 3
kdeinit: Got EXEC_NEW 'kbuildsycoca' from launcher.
DCOP: register 'kbuildsycoca' -> number of clients is now 4
kdeinit: PID 4348 terminated.
DCOP: unregister 'kbuildsycoca'
DCOP: unregister 'anonymous-4347'
DCOP: register 'kbuildsycoca' -> number of clients is now 4
kdeinit: PID 4348 terminated.
DCOP: unregister 'kbuildsycoca'
DCOP: unregister 'anonymous-4347'
kdeinit: Got EXEC_NEW 'kconf_update' from launcher.
File = /usr/share/apps/kconf_update/kcookiescfg.upd
Skipping 'kde2.2/b1'
File = /usr/share/apps/kconf_update/kioslave.upd
Skipping 'kde2.2/r1'
Skipping 'kde2.2/r2'
Skipping 'kde2.2/r3'
kdeinit: PID 4349 terminated.
DCOP: new daemon kded
kdeinit: PID 4346 terminated.
DCOP: unregister 'anonymous-4346'
kdeinit: opened connection to localhost:10.0
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Can't setup DCOP communication.
DCOPServer : slotTerminate() -> sending terminateKDE signal.
kdeinit: terminate KDE.
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
KLauncher: Exiting on signal 1
DCOP: unregister 'klauncher'
DCOP: unregister 'kded'
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit: Exit.

- --
Conservatives of all times are adventitious liars.
- - Friedrich Nietzsche.