On Tuesday 28 January 2003 04:31 pm, Praedor Tempus Atrebates wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 January 2003 04:08 pm, Albert E. Whale, CISSP wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Are you indicating that 9.0 doesn't support anything other than ext2 or
> > ext3?  If so, Where's the BEEF?  Do you have any Documentation available?
> >
> > I never got any answers from support either, must have been the Chapter
> > 11 filing issues ..... Would like to get the 9.0 running on it, but I
> > have no idea what will provide support for the ReiserFS filesystem.
>
> I didn't have any problems booting up and running my system (sans wireless
> lan) with the stock, prebuilt Mandrake 9.0 kernel.  Upon building my own
> kernel (because I had to patch the kernel's hub.c to get wireless working)
[...]

I just wanted to reiterate that these problems are not
Mandrake-created/specific problems.  The problems are in the kernel code and
in gcc3.x.  If you want your software to WORK, don't use gcc3.x.  If you want
it to run faster, perhaps not compile, perhaps NOT work, use gcc3.x.

The _kernel_ developers and _gcc_ developers are wrecking the stuff as fast as
they can.  Everyone else, including Mandrake, is simply stuck with the
debris.

--
Conservatives of all times are adventitious liars.
- Friedrich Nietzsche.