I do not garauntee this will work but I've had luck with doing this in
other cases.

cd /usr/lib
ln -s libcrypto.so.0.9.6 libcrypto.so.2
ldconfig

Seems that in RH this link exists for reasons I'm not sure of, even
though RH and MDK install the same version of openssl (0.9.6) MDK
doesn't have this link (Note that it only exists in RH rpms.)

James