Simon,
I think you must have the wrong version of sensors-detect, because apparently
it is failing to list the proper rc.local lines. Your gigabyte board has the
KT7A chipset, so it should be the same as my KT7 Try putting these lines in
rc.local  and reboot.

# I2C adapter drivers
modprobe i2c-viapro
modprobe i2c-isa