Dave Laird wrote:
O my GOD! Mandrake 9.1beta3 installed without one single hitch, error,
or problem of any sort. This is AWESOME! When it's finished it's going to be
the best Mandrake version ever.

For the benefit of those of us sitting this dance out, could you please tell
us more about what makes it so awesome? What has really changed from 9.0?
Has the problem with attempts to apply a selection of 9.0-updates (supposed to
be well tested compulsory security fixes) totally clobbering 9.0 as something useful
been guaranteed fixed?

This has happened consistently on 3 of my 9.0 partitions so far, and the only
remedy is to go to another distribution until Mandrake has it corrected. So much
for the wisdom of development and QA layoffs at MandrakeSoft.

The first symptom is loss of most of the KDE task bar icons and abbreviation
of the KDE menu. Mozilla printing and other things , like no longer any service
command, get clobbered too.

Stay release until this is absolutely corrected.

--
Ron. [Melbourne, Australia]
20030119 Get Fastest Mandrake downloader, English-only,