-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Vincent Danen
Sent: Monday, 3 February 2003 3:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Fwd: [expert] Best Mandrake yet!!!

On Sun Feb 02, 2003 at 11:01:34AM +1100, Ron Stodden wrote:

> >  Specifically what updates clobbered you?  I've not had this problem on
> >any of my 9.0 boxes but then I might not have the same software
> >installed you do.
>
> My goodness, how would anyone possibly know?
>
> There are presently 180 9.0-update RPMs.    I would have installed about
> one third, so you must see that I would not be prepared to conduct
> the enormous amount of research to find out which, and then possibly
> to discover it is not one but some combination.
>
> That's inescapably Mandrake's job.     N'est ce pas?

Sure, but everything tested out fine with the secteam, with QA, and
with me.  Without knowing the symtomd (nevermind the packages), how can
we fix it?  You presume too much.

Tell us what got "clobbered".  My 9.0 machines, with all updates
applied, are rock solid.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
"lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"