On Wednesday 05 Feb 2003 9:03 am, James Sparenberg wrote:
> Great..... after september 30 this year I won't have a single
> supportable box.... Ummmm Gentlemen..... Are you going to give me new
> laptops with my 9.1 distro?  It wouldn't be a problem if I could manage
> to get software that would last as long as my hardware... well... let's
> see 8 years on Win95 ... 6 on 98  ...... hmmmm me thinks the product
> life cycle is toooooooo short.

Could someone clarify, please?  Does this mean that there will be no security
fixes after those dates?  If those continue we would be no worse off than
with any windows distro.  After all, if it works for us now it will continue
to do so.  But without security updates it's a whole new ball game.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302