On Thu Feb 06, 2003 at 07:27:23AM -0500, et wrote:

[...]
> I would like to see a "free support" and a "paid for support level that is
> extended, but that seems to be what they tried to do... support th "server
> series" longer than the "desktop" series. that said, I firmly believe the
> powerpack makes for a damn sweet serveer too, that can fillin as a desktop
> when needed

This is your choice.  Powerpack is not sold, advertised, or priced as a
server OS.  Please don't expect us to support it as such when that is
not it's intent.  Powerpack is a desktop OS for power users.

No one is stopping you from using Powerpack as your server.  Just
understand it has an 18mos life cycle.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
"lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"