I have noticed that Redhat, and M$ has lately published listing reguardiing
expected support cycles, and all of them are shorter than what most people
expect for manufactured products, but this is the way of things, and even
more so with computers, since the hardware is planned to be obsolete in 3 to
4 years anyway. the real problem (from my narrow little pinhole viewpoint) is
the need for applications needing all the computing power available. while
most companies got P3 M$ windows boxes, they still use them to emmulate
access to a termanel off the server, or run word. stuff they could have done
with the wyse monochrom termanal they threw away to have pretty colors.