On Wednesday 12 February 2003 09:58 pm, Lorne wrote:

> Ahhh crap, that complicates things. I thought I had read where they were
> all the same. I guess just some components are the same. I'm fairly certain
> it is hardware based, but perhaps with some tweaking of cmos or ?? you can
> get it more stable. How about slowing it down using the safe cmos settings
> and see if that makes a difference? Or how about opening up the case and
> putting a fan across it to see if it is a flakey piece of ram or something?
> How hot is the cpu getting?

Well, they are a lot alike. :-)

I've looked at CMOS stuff, and aside from differences in BIOS's, I tend to set
them to be the same on all 3 machines.

I can underclock it, I suppose - I'm not using the optimized settings now, but
the default/safe ones.

50 degrees C... that should be okay, right?

I guess I'm going to have to grab memtest and run it to see if shows anything.
Ram modules are only about 2 months old....

Thanks for your help!

--

                                                                 /\
                                                         Dark< >Lord