Hi,

Todd Lyons wrote:

Praedor Atrebates wrote on Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 01:48:15PM -0500 :

whatsoever, no beeps, no messages. Logs are totally devoid of any information on the 2.4.19-24 kernel. It is absolutely, totally, without doubt a dead, lifeless, useless, limp, cold kernel.
Logs won't have anything until it boots up to a point where syslog
starts.
syslog does not seem to record everything sometimes...

I found creating a file /etc/rc.d/rc.log and modifiying the /etc/inittab to run this instead of rc.sysinit stored all those modprobe and hd dma timeout msg complete.

#!/bin/sh
/bin/mount /mnt/mc00
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit 2>&1 | tee /mnt/mc00/sysinit
/bin/umount /mnt/mc00

In my case mc00 was a memory card, using a 5MB ext3 partion should be ok, I would not wirte it to my root FS or home dir though (could corrupt it if the script went wrong), especially as mtab is not kept uptodate this low in the boot sequence.

Cheers

JG