On Tuesday 04 March 2003 06:52 am, Mark wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 22:10, Ken Walker wrote:
> > You may think this a stupid question, but your not using a 8x re-writable
> > disk are you ?
> >
> > If you put in a x2 re-writable, it'll only write at x2, if it's a x8,
> > it'll only write at x8, irrespective of what you want it to burn at ?
>
> I wish it was that simple..  The CDs I was using have 2-40x on them, I
> guess that means in theory I could burn up to 40x on those CDs..
>
> Cheers
> Mark
in my opinion it has much less to do with the speed of the burn of the cd (but
is MUCH more applicable when it is a Rewritable CD) than the abilities of the
burner.
now about this statement "If you put in a x2 re-writable, it'll only write at
x2, if it's a x8, it'll only write at x8, irrespective of what you want it to
burn at ?"
It has also been my experience that it is VERY possible to (_attempt_ to) burn
at speeds (both higher and lower) than either what is rated on the disk, or
what is rated on the burner.