On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 08:25:02PM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 13 Mar 2003 8:08 pm, Ric Tibbetts wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 07:32:09PM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > On Thursday 13 Mar 2003 6:57 pm, Ric Tibbetts wrote:
> > FWIW:
> > I have 9.1rc2 installed, and with the exception of the hostname issue,
> > am happy with it. This is the first version of 9.1 that actually
> > installed on my tired old PC (can't afford any fancy new computers..).
> >
> > So far, I'm quite happy with it. It even "correctly" detected my
> > printer, and set it up at install time (a detail that another well known
> > distro seems to have overlooked).
> >
> That's good to hear.
>
> Trouble is, you know, that at times like this feelings can be tender, wherever
> you live.  Leave politics alone for the list.
>
> Your experience with this release is encouraging.  After watching all the
> struggles I get nervous about moving on and up.  It was the same with 9.0 -
> but when I did it, it went flawlessly.

So far, IMHO, you would do well to be nervous about 9.1, it's been more
problemmatic than most previous MDL releases. So far, rc2 is the first
to even install & run on my hardware.

I still confine use of betas to my non-critical systems. I learned that
lesson many years ago. But 9.1 is "getting there". I need to beat it up
some more though. It was late last night when I finally got it loaded,
and I got hung up on the hostname issue (thank you to all who pointed
out the fix for that).

I'm looking forward to working with it tonight.

--
Ric

Linux registration number: 55684
If you want to help advertise Linux - point your friends to
http://counter.li.org/