> Ummm, the tarball and source rpm have huge binareis embedded within.  The
> purpose of the "source" is to provide a wrapper for compiling as a kernel
> module, else they would be building binaries for EVERY new kernel issued.

3 more quick questions:

1. Would the agpgart not loading be solved if I could force the mobo to run
in AGP 2.0 mode? If yeah, does anyone know how to do that? Does disabling
AGP 8x support in bios make the mobo fall back to agp 2.0 mode?

2. Does anyone know if decompiling the nvidia drivers is possible and if the
resulted code would help in implementing support in the standard agpgart for
the nforce2 chipset?

3. How come both ATI and NVIDIA provide their own AGP support in the
drivers?!? I always thought that the agpgart was working based on mobo
chipsets and not on what the card is and can do... :/ Am I missing something
here?!?

Best regards,
Adrian