well, that sux. I'm sure that the upgrade from cds will break tons of
things. That's the reason I switched to freebsd :)
I'm going to try 9.1 and if the problem with packages remains, bye bye
Mandrake, I'll either go all bsd, gentoo or slackware. All of these
upgrade flawlessly and you never have to reinstall.