On Thursday March 27 2003 10:53 pm, flacycads wrote:
> I found both the multimedia 2.4.21 rpms and srpm in the regular
> ibiblio contribs mirror. Does anyone know if those indeed have the
> preemptive patch,

   kernel-multimedia-2.4.21.0.16mdk-1-1mdk   Description

  "This kernel includes patches useful for multmedia purposes like:
preemption, low-latency and the ability for processes to transfer
their capabilities. The preemtion patches allow a task to be
preempted anywhere within the kernel, using spinlocks as markers for
non-preemptibility regions. The resulting system response is greatly
increased, with measured average latencies under 1ms. Andrew Morton's
low-latency patches fix the remaining points in the kernel that cause
latency. The setpcap patch allows suid root processess to transfer
capabilities to non-root processess, and so making it possible for
user processes to run with realtime priority."