Not only that!! It will split accesses to both so it would be similar to
a raid (more or less). Another thing is that you can also asign
priorities to them, for example to priorize writing/reading in the fast
HD until it is full up and then you write to a slow one (or even in
sleep mode). You can do it with something like ('pri' is priority
parameter, of course) in /etc/fstab :

/dev/hde10 swap swap defaults,pri=1 0 0
/dev/hda14 swap swap defaults,pri=2 0 0

--