Hi guys,

I have to write a webapp with a downlaod option for the data..
at present the format is in .csv (comma seperated values)

however there are massive limitations to what csv can display. notably there
is no way to make headers of format the data at all

In word processors we have rich text format (.rtf) is there anything
available that does the same thing for spreadsheets?

It must be openable in excel, lotus etc.. and hopefully openoffice as
well...

Does anyone have any suggestions on this one??

regards

Franki