Using KDE with 9.1, I have some questions about the new approach for
automatically creating desktop icons for removable devices.  I don't care for
how this shows up on my desktop--with each drive having 3 lines of text like:
  CD-ROM
  mounted on /mnt
  /cdrom2

This takes up a lot of space since I have a floppy, zip, cdrom, cd burner, and
dvd burner.  Furthermore, the cdrom, cd burner, and dvd burner all show up
with identical icons, and can be distinguished only via the mount point.  This
is not how I want to remember which is which.  So, what can I do about this?
How can I change the names/text and icon for each of the drives?

Also, how are these icons being generated?  (I haven't tried tracking it down
as of yet.)

Thanks for any assistance!

Norm