On Thursday 03 April 2003 08:15 am, Marc Berenschot wrote:
> Norman Carver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Thanks, but 9.1 does not work the same as 9.0.  In particular, you
> > cannot rename or change these icons (or even delete them).
>
> You can 'delete' them with KDE control center, under LookNFeel-Behavior
> unset "Display devices on desktop". Or make a choice there.
>
> Marc.

Thanks Marc.  I did not realize they were a KDE mechanism.  Thought they were
like the similar icons in 9.0.  You can indeed disable them from appearing
from the KDE control center.  There is no way to change the text or icon that
appears.  And, as I had said, you cannot delete, rename, etc. by right
clicking on them.  So, I have disabled them and replaced them with URL icons
(for the supermounted devices), whose appearance I have control over.

Norm