On Wednesday 04 Jun 2003 3:37 pm, Guy Van Sanden wrote:
> > As a camera it is recognised without problems.  As a video
> > camera, though, I don't think it is.  It's listed under Unknown
> > as a USB PC Camera, with module unknown.
>
> It probably wont't work then...

That's what I thought.  I'll have to look at a tv card+camcorder
setup.

> > > I don't know if it'll work in your DMZ...  (depends on how its
> > > configured) AFAIK you need to use portforwarding on the
> > > firewall if you don't have the proper NAT module. (check the
> > > documentation for the correct portnumbers) Gnomemeeting needs
> > > to be using your firewalls external IP to work. (I think
> > > there's a setting for that too)
> >
> > Yes, I saw that.  I've used dmz with NetMeeting, so I would think
> > it would work.
>
> Did the settings tab show the public IP of the firewall?

Yes.

> can you netcat/telnet to publicip:H323 port?

Sorry - not sure what you mean by publicip:H323 port.  Could you spell
it out, please?

> The one in the preference tab is the one you register with when you
> start gnomemeeting. In the main window, you should see an ILS
> button (top left) I think that right-clicking the window-background
> pops up an 'add server' dialog. You can look up users there that
> are registered with another server than you are.

I'm feeling completely lost.  I'll have to try to find some
documentation on the website, as there's nothing much here.  I found
the icon you mentioned.  It offered just the one ils.seconix.com
server.  I tried a right-click, and ended with a message in the main
windows 'You have to register to see other registered users'.  In the
status bar it says 'Search completed:  1 user(s) listed on a total of
187 user(s) from ils.seconix.com.  There are columns labelled S|A|V -
I haven't a clue what they are.  I clicked on one and was told that
'the other party is busy', so presumably I had tried to contact
someone - heaven knows who!

I'll head for the website.  There must be some documentation
somewhere.

Anne