On Wednesday 20 August 2003 03:36 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I see that on the GM webpages there are rpms for a version later than
> that included in 9.1  The packages offered are
>
>     gnomemeeting-0.98.0-1js.i586.rpm
>     openh323-1.12.0-1.i586.rpm
>     pwlib-1.5.0-1.i586.rpm
>
> Has anyone installed these?  Should I expect any problems?  I imagine
> I should urpme the old version first?
>
> Anne

Anne, I d/l'ed those files and installed them (removed ye "olde" versions
first). Gnomemeeting now works here, at least it does give me a picture.

IF I run it as root. If I run it from my normal user account I get the same
error message that you and I ran into before. It says that it can't read
/dev/video0.

I su'ered, changed the permissions to 777 (yeah I know - just temporarily to
see if I could get it to work), group and owner to my normal user account,
and still....it won't let my normal user access video0. I went into userdrake
and added every group I could find/think of that might affect this, still no
go.

So...I'm stumped. I don't want to run any app as root that I don't have to,
especially considering it would be connected online.

You can try it there - maybe it will work for you? If so, please tell me what

ls -al /dev/video0

shows for you.

Thanks!

--