On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 15:00, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> On Tuesday June 10 2003 11:49 am, Robert Crawford wrote:
> > For those interested, there's a brand new Con Kolivas -ck1 patch
> > against kernel 2.4.21-rc7. I just tried it on Mandrake 9.1, and
> > so far so good, except no supermount (if one cares).
>
>    And it's better than  2.4.21-0.18mm-mdk  with low latency,
> preempt, and improved supermount ?

If you are in a mood to experiment.  (I can't right now running under
knoppix ... mobo in this laptop is going south... wish me luck on e-bay
right now... If I win the auction... I get a new one... if not... I save
up for a new laptop.) There is a kernel mod called submount.  Doesn't
require rebuilding the kernel.. just building the modules.  I had it
working here for a day before the IDE channels went south on this box.
It's at

http://submount.sourceforge.net/

and for me it was working rather well.... but then again I didn't test
very long. It was written for the 2.5 kernel (where supermount is
failing) and back ported to 2.4.20/21 series.

James