Adrian,
Here's a link- Noticed he's now up to rc8. I'm running rc7, and it's really
good so far. One thing- I recompiled, and added the supermount patch in, but
still can't get it to work. It's probably my own mistake or lack of using the
correct procedure. Also, the first time, when I used "make install" at the
last step, the kernel scriptreally messed up my installation. I wound up
having to reinstall Mandrake. The next time I compiled, after "make
modules_install," I did "cp System.map" and cp bzImage  to /boot from my
/home kernel compiling directory I have created. That worked better- I
manually named my image and System.map -2.4.21-ck1. I think not compiling in
/usr/src somehow fooled the kernel script, and caused the foul-up, and doing
it manually the second time, and renaming to "bzImage-2.4.21-ck1" fixed that
problem.

Robert

http://members.optusnet.com.au/ckolivas/kernel/index2.html