On Friday 13 June 2003 07:51 pm, Lorne wrote:

> I wonder if it is a bad hard drive, and or controller. No errors during
> install? For it to die like that it just seems/smells hardware based. Are
> you running hdparm and doing anything to soup up to UDMA or anything? What
> about when you install. regular or expert install? Do you click the option
> on hard drives that activates LBA or UDMA or something. I'm sorry I can't
> remember what that option is.

It would seem hardware wouldn't it? Yet sitting here from my end, I hesitate.
Everything is less than 6 months old, and its mostly quality stuff (I know -
anything can go bad). Basic setup is:

Soyo Dragon Plus MB
AMD XP2100 cpu
512 megs DDR ram (Corsair brand)
Maxtor 80 gig HD
Nvidia Ti4200 video card.
Toshiba DVD
Plextor CDRW
350 watt AMD approved PS

So I dunno...you'd think this little system would rock.

--

                                            /\
                                 Dark< >Lord