On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:31 am, Brian Parish had this to contribute :-
> It was working fine for data - although not multi-session.  Just shows,
> if it's not totally broken, fix it some more ;-)
>
> Brian

Isn't that unusual?
XCDRoast was the burning application that I always used, and it worked well,
but with Mandrake 9.1 thought that I would try k3b, why not? Invoked it,
configured it, and was willing to burn a drink coaster with multi session, or
maybe even a CD with only 20MB of data on it. That's what happened with
several CD's the first time I tried XCDRoast with multi session in Red Hat
about 12 months ago. So kept windows on for Nero just to burn multi session
CD's till CDRTools came out with XCDRoast.

But k3b, no sweat, first multi-session and everything worked a treat. I burned
a whole CD in everything from 10MB to 200MB sessions on the CD after removing
it, putting it back in etc.. Then burned 100MB multi-session on win with Nero
and burned the rest with k3b. I was really chuffed. Read every file and
graphic on the CD making certain that I wasn't being fooled. I wasn't. I am
listening to the audio CD that I burned a little while ago just for the
exercise for Richard, to make certain that it didn't make any errors there
either, and it didn't. Great little app, quick and easy.

The only fright I had was when I clicked on the wrong CD drive.

That is one thing that k3b did, it placed the CD's in reverse order and added
two lines to the end of my /etc/fstab, /dev/ide/host0/bus1/target1/lun0/cd
/mnt/cdrom2     auto    ro,noauto,user,exec     0 0
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd    /mnt/cdrom      auto    ro,noauto,user,exec
 0 0

That might be because I don't use supermount though?

So I am surprised that trouble is being experienced with this.

HTH
Charlie

--
It is the very energy of thought
Which keeps thee from thy God.

John Henry Newman

This email is guaranteed to be wholly Linux Mandrake 9.1, Kmail v1.5 and
OpenOffice.org1.1Beta