Hi Larry, read your mail , unticked the "on the fly box" and action
and then it did this

Wrote 17 of 24 MB.
?: Input/output error.  : scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB:  2A 00 FF FF F1 E3 00 00 1A 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 71 00 04 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 91 41 00 00
Sense Key: 0x4 Hardware Error, deferred error, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x91 Qual 0x41 (vendor unique sense code 0x91) [No matching
qualifier] Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 4.114s timeout 20s
ERROR: Write data failed.
ERROR: Writing failed.

so its a string of monosyllabic four letter words.
I wonder if I've got a duff cdrw, as there's a hardware error.

any thoughts ??
Richard

--
richard bown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>