richard bown wrote:
I edited out the previous post as it was getting long.
Like others I want to dump using winxp and nero and K3b is very similar
in style to nero.
I'm trying to run K3b in Gnome, some seem to be getting success with K3B
while others like my self ar'nt.
So who's is running K3b with Gnome or with KDE3.1.
The other files that K3b looks for and I cant find:-
eMovix, tccat, tcdecode, tcextract, tcprobe & tcscan
eMovix is a project using mplayer to make bootable  cd's with divxs etc.
http://movix.sourceforge.net/

tccat,tcdecode etc is from trancode a progam for tranforming movies from f.ex mpeg to xvid.
transcode is available in the plf archive.

What function do they have? , and have those who have success with K3b loaded them ?

I have had problems with k3b-setup. Some while ago, if I remember right, there was some issues with the uid and gid k3b demanded for burning and the groups chosen default from Mandrakes part.
I never made k3b work after running k3b-setup. I was only able to burn cds using k3b as root. Not at good solution.
Since that day I have never run the k3b-setup.

Have never had any problems makin audio-cds after stopping to use k3b-setup.

Even not the best advice, you could try out arson another cd-burning program for kde. Though not as rich in features as k3b.

Regards Torstein
If I can find a way of getting K3b top burn audio cd for mp3 files or
even better vcd's, the old windows machine is redundant as win4lin ver 5
can handle all the other win apps I use
TIA
Richard