On Thursday 12 June 2003 08:50 pm, Brian Schroeder wrote:

> > > There was a thread recently about running XFree 4.3 on the S3 Trio 3D,
> > > I'm hoping one of those people may be able to help me get it working.

Sorry I took so long to get back to you.  I just set up 9.1 a couple nights
ago with a few problems.  Anyway, the problem you have is the same one I've
had each time I use the virtual framebuffer.  I don't know if booting using
the non framebuffer mode will work but I'd give that a try first.  If that
works then set that as your default boot.  The way that I've always done it
is to edit  /etc/lilo.conf to remove every line with "vga=" in it, then run
lilo again.  Of course you'll need to su to root to edit lilo.conf and run
lilo.  Let me know what happens.  LOL

--
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?
It said use windows 95 or better so I loaded Linux.

Kelley Terry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>