On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 08:53, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm using s3 Trio 3D/2X and MDK9.1.
>
> When first I tried to run X, it failed and I've got error messages something
> like RENDER, GLX, and greeter exited unexpectedly.
>
> So, I googled and found that I should update libqt and libqt-common, I did it
> and now I can run KDE.
>
> However, when I tried to install those rpms, it said about dependencies, so I
> used --nodeps argument.
>
> My questions are:
> 1. Is it the right way to update rpms? Download the packages and install them
> using --nodeps argument?
> 2. I saw in biblio.org that MDK released many updates for KDE, such as kde-base,
> etc. How do I install it? Any specific sequence for installing the packages?
>
> Thanks,
> Fajar.

First try this page.

http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/urpmiweb.php

And set up a urpmi "link" for texstars rpms.

go here and grab his pgp signature and instructions on how to install
it.

http://www.pclinuxonline.com/gpgkey.html

Then do urpmi.update -a (make sure it is all in sync)

then

urpmi --auto --auto-select

This will update things to something that IMHO works really well.

James