On Friday 11 July 2003 12:35 am, Vox wrote:
> On September 1993 plus 3599 days James Sparenberg wrote:
> > Vox,
> >   Last ditch if you get worried.  open the side and put a small desk fan
> > right on it.  From the hardware standpoint.  make sure cables (like
> > ribbon cables) are clear of the fan.  Also you might consider case fans
> > in addition to the volcano fan.  (I love volcano myself.)
>
>   I'm not really worried about the temp...having read the docs from
>   AMD, I won't worry till it hits 65C, which it has never done :) And
>   yes, I like the volcano...has worked well for me...and I do have a
>   case fan at the front and a small fan on the mboard itself...I've
>   been thinking about getting a second case fan for the back, but am
>   too damn lazy to go find one :)
>
>   Vox

It's been my experience with numerous AMD cpus that anything over 45c. is
likely to start causing random misc. problems. I always start feeling
apprehensive when my temps go above 40c. Why AMD states up to 90c. is beyond
me. The one time I got above 50c. the system became unusable- random lockups,
shut-down problems, various hanging with programs, etc. Better cooling fixed
everything instantly, so it was obviously caused by high temps.

wrc1944