On Saturday 19 Jul 2003 12:29 am, Bill Mullen wrote:
> On Friday 18 July 2003 04:38 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
>
> I'll try to help, with two caveats: I'm not a regular Kmail user
> (actually, I just set it up to see what you may see ... it's not
> half bad these days <g>), and also I'm running 9.0 w/ KDE 3.05a, so
> what you see may differ somewhat from what I describe anyway. But
> throwing caution to the wind, and taking the whole procedure as if
> it were being done from scratch (for clarity's sake), here goes
> nothing ... ;)

<snip>
> HTH!

It certainly does.  In fact there was very little difference in my
settings and the ones you describe, so I'm confident now that they
were fine.  I think you are right, however, about the cause of the
problem being new threads which are created as the local user
account.  I'll keep an eye on it for a day or two to see if it's
sorted now.

I've taken your advice about marking the separate identities with
'special transport' to ensure the right ones are used.  I know that,
having set certain folders to use certain identities I can force
that, so it seems to me that I should avoid starting a new mail when
in Inbox, ensuring that I am actually in a folder that uses the
default account if that's what I want.  It shouldn't take too long to
get used to that <g>

Thanks again for a very clear explanation.

Anne