Well, had some installation headaches in 9.1 but I managed to get some
good help from James Sparenburg (hi James!).

I'm running off of 9.1 and urpmi'ing a whole bunch of stuff. Anyway my
real question now is k3b. The older k3b in 9.0 wasn't too terribly
functional. (I have tried gcombust with some success.) For now k3b in 9.1
seems better, but still I am missing a number of recommended programs -
things like transcode, tccat, tcdecode, stuff like that. I tried urpmi on
them, no lock, none of the packages show up (except for normalize, which
is installed).

I'm still attempting to make a music cd from a number of MP3s, but that's
not working as well as I'd hoped. "Singles" seem fine; I burned a couple
last night, using mpg123. I think my trouble is in getting mpg123 working
inside a shell loop. I had converted a number of mp3s to what I thought
were wav's but gcombust/cdrecord won't recognize them as such. That was
with the stuff in 9.0, maybe things are better in 9.1.