On Tuesday 22 July 2003 02:46 pm, Charlie wrote:

>> snip

> You're both (all) entitled to your personal beliefs and opinions. However
> as has been requested in the past by many; forcefully, eloquently, and in
> excessive, repetitive detail:
>
> PLEASE take it somewhere else?
>
> I stopped taking the newbie list primarily because of the prevalence of
> this kind of flaming political/philosophical bullshit that has zero
> business on a technical/help mailing list. Please don't force me to remove
> myself from any of the other Mandrake mailing lists?
>
> A power fluctuation early this morning that lost my 43 days of uptime was
> enough aggravation for one day.
>
> There are only two certainties in life:
> "Shit" happens; and:
> You'll never get out of it alive! :-)
>
> Regards;
> Charlie

Charlie:
Do like I did. Postpone that stroke by taking advantage of the [OT] tag on
this thread and set (yet another) filter. I'll grant that it's not much help
for a list member who is paying for every byte that comes down his 26.4 line,
but it certainly has done me a world of good.

Speaking of offending people: Guys my age would rather not discuss uptime.

-- cmg