On Wed Jul 23, 2003 at 12:21:27PM -0700, David Guntner wrote:

> (Again, this is in the hopes that someone from Mandrake is still reading
> this list)
>
> Well, at least partially. :-)
>
> In addition to the other error I reported regarding the new kernel (2.4.21-
> 0.24mdk) causing all files to be written as world writable, I noticed
> something else in my system processes.  My morning E-Mail from my nightly
> cron jobs reported:
>
> /etc/cron.daily/msec: line 66: printf: `m': invalid format character
> /etc/cron.daily/msec: line 66: printf: `@': invalid format character
> /etc/cron.daily/msec: line 66: printf: `@': invalid format character
> /etc/cron.daily/msec: line 66: printf: `m': invalid format character
>
> Nothing has been changed in that file.  This only showed up with the new
> kernel in place.  Please go over the new kernel and release a bugfix for
> these two problems.  Thanks!

Ummm... let's be a little logical here.

Why would you blame the kernel for something in msec?  The kernel touches
/boot and /lib/modules... why would it have anything to do with msec?

Did you look at line 66 of that file?  What does it say?

The previous issue could potentially be attributed to the kernel, but I
highly doubt it.  This one I think attributing to the kernel is pretty
far-fetched.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
Online Security Resource Book; http://linsec.ca/