Jack Coates wrote:

this is so cool I gotta share...

http://freshmeat.net/projects/x2vnc/?topic_id=55

at work I have a RH box (eh) and an XP box (blech.) I need to use them
both a lot. I was using rdesktop to go back and forth, but then my two
17-inch monitors aren't being used optimally :-)

put the monitors side by side.
install VNC server on Windows
install x2vnc on Linux
shove the Windows keyboard and mouse under the monitor stand
presto chango, we have an integrated desktop. Mouse, keyboard, and
clipboard shift seamlessly from one desktop to the other.

This program is great. I have wanted something like this for a while. So far it's working very well. The best part about it is that it doesn't look like a regular VNC Server session. Video runs at native speeds.

I'll be running it for 12 or more hours a day and if it crashes I'll let everyone know.

Bye, bye KVM.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Linux user #322847 | Linux machine #207465 | http://counter.li.org/
    AMD Duron | Mandrake 9.1 | Kernel 2.4.21-0.25mdkcustom
             KDE 3.1.3 | Mozilla 1.4 Mail Client

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)