Hi! I sent this message b4 to newbie list, but I got absolute no answer.
I hope someone can help me here...

Thus, I tried to run telnetd from xinetd, no success, tried to configure the
listening ports to the standard ports, and got no success.
Shorewall is not installed, iptables is empty, netstat shows listening
entries corresponding to the service I tried to run, but i can connect only
from my local machine. no friends could connect to my computer.

Thanx all!!!

Hello all, me again!

As I sent before, I'm trying to use SSH server in home, to access on my
work. But as I said b4, my work firewall is blocking almost all outgoing
ports. So, i have to use SSH on the port 80. I successfully ran the daemon
on the port 80. To see that, I just netstat -pln, and saw an entry like
this:
LOCAL                         FOREIGN
0.0.0.0:80                   0.0.0.0:0                      sshd blah blah

Whel, with that, I knew it was listening correctly on the port 80. So to try
it out, I tried from the same machine I was running sshd to use ssh. So I
did:

$ ssh -l my_user_name -p 80 127.0.0.1

It worked fine. Then I asked a friend to connect on my ssh server, and
told'im to do:
$ ssh -l usr_name -p 80 200.100.100.100 (where 200.100.100.100 was my
internet IP address on that time). But he couldn't connect.

My firewall was disabled, I cleared out my lname (or something like that)
but my friend was still unable to connect on my ssh server.

Anyone knows what can I do to figure out whats happening?

Regards!