> Known issue with k3b.  You must disable supermount.

Hmm. That might explain some of the issues I have had with it; mostly
what seems to be permission related, although permissions seem to be
right, and dfox is a member of the cdwriter group. Occasionally it just
craps out saying that it's only able to burn an image. (But at least if
that crashes, you're not out a CD, and can redo the image and burn later
with cdrecord.) :)

> k3b is not very good as far as I'm concerned.  gcombust does everything
> I want and more.

I have not as of yet been able to correctly put a number of mp3s on an
audio cd. It still thinks I want to make a data cd containing the audio
mp3s. k3b (at least so far) seems to correctly recognize the sampling
rate and converts properly to a wave format file. Others have proven not
very successful at this. k3b is OK if I make images - at least some of
the time.

I can (and usually do) manually convert via a pipeline between mpg123
and sox for this. That's not too difficult, but batching up a bunch and
converting en masse is more difficult to automate. Not only that, the
GUIs are easier to use when it comes to putting a number of (converted)
mp3s on a cd and being able to estimate how much space, and how long,
the disk will be.

For instance, I'm in usenet now and there's another ween cd ready for me
to download and convert and make a new cd from :). My approach for this
will likely be the same for the other ones: do the mpg123 to wav
conversion one at a time, to files in /tmp named '01.wav 02.wav 03.wav'
and then cdrecording all these files at once.

Or maybe yet - maybe I will scrap this as playing the first mp3 results
in an error "big values too large" and an error "Illegal Audio-Mpeg
header in input." The post says they're vbr's encoded with mmjb.