On Monday 08 September 2003 10:39 am, Adrian Golumbovici wrote:
> Hmmm. I will try to answer all which did answer to my question. I am not
> sure about how much a PC is burning, but I will try to illustrate the
> situation:
>
> I live in a 2 rooms appartment. Am married and no kids. The heating was
> also a shock, but in my city the heating costs are pretty high and I think
> I can solve that by installing some auto thermal regulation. The shocking
> part was the electricity bill.
>
> In one year according to the readings I burnt about 7791 Kwh!!!

Do you live in the UK? I have no reference to understand if that is high or
not. I live in Phoenix Arizona and last year my average for the year was
1,739.94kw per month. That is roughly 20880 a year! Of course I live in the
desert and I have a family of 4 and the house is 2600 square feet. I presume
you must have extremely high rates where you are?

My thoughts are that if the electric bill is too much, you may not be able to
afford a photo cell. Go to http://www.sierrasolar.com/index.html for an idea.
But since I don't know where you are at, you may have to google for solar
power in your area, or find out what the cost of your currency is compared to
ours.

The most likely scenario if the consumption is so high for your usage etc, is
that the meter is incorrect. Ask them to replace the meter. It may be
defective.