lorne wrote:

On Tuesday 09 September 2003 06:00 am, lorne wrote:

On Monday 08 September 2003 10:17 pm, Rob Blomquist wrote:

On Monday 08 September 2003 07:55 pm, lorne wrote:

I know that previous version of Mandrake did have an editor. Darned if
I can find one now. I have some wave and mp3 files I want to burn to
CDrom and some of them have a VERY annoying screech at the beginning I
want to clip off. you'd think this easy to find... am I just having a
brain fart?

Audacity will work very well for you. Just be ready to provide generous
temp file space if the files are big, lots of RAM helps too. I use it for
just the reasons that you mention, and it works great!

Just "urpmi audacity"

I guess I need to add more sites or something to my urpmi, I get not found
for most everything. :(

One thing sadly lacking imho is the urpmi gui interface. There is only blank spaces with locations for url and "relative path to synthesis/hdlist: ?? Of course if you don't enter the information exactly correct, it fails. With no hints on what is wrong. There needs to be some polishing of this idea in my thoughts. A way to browse around a ftp site and select where you want it to point to, or at least an error code telling you what is wrong. I've even tried the http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon site which has worked for me in the past. My 9.1 mdk doesn't seem to like the syntax he is suggesting I use. Very frustrating.

Actually you have urpmi.setup as a GUI for adding sources (same team than nanardon)

Eric