H.J.Bathoorn wrote:

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 09:55, Brant Fitzsimmons wrote:

You need to get familiar with rsync.  Navigate to the directory with
the partial downloads and run this from the command line:

rsync -Pv --stats --progress
ftp.sunet.se::Mandrake-iso/i586/MandrakeLinux-9.2rc2-CD*

This should also help with your limited bandwidth when final comes out. Just rename the local .iso files to match the final release file names
and run the same command. It should only download the differences
between the files--giving you a shiney updated .iso at a fraction of the
time. I don't know how much of a bandwidth savings it will actually
give you so you may want to keep an eye on it.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Brant,
I can see how this would work for directories but are you saying that rsync would actually go into the iso files to match them and then partially download?

That's exactly what I'm saying. :-)

I'd think you'd need to mount them with -o loop first (and mounting the local one rw).

Alas I don't have the bandwidth left to check that and it's only the first half of the month.

If you tried it you would know whether or not it's working in a few seconds. If it's not working just hit "Ctrl+c" to kill it.

Good luck, HarM

--

Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Linux user #322847 | Linux machine #207465 | http://counter.li.org/
   AMD Duron 1.3GHz | Mandrake 9.1 | Kernel 2.4.21-0.16mm-mdk
               KDE 3.1.3 | Mozilla 1.4 Mail Client
Uptime:
12:05:01 up 3 days, 23:21,  1 user,  load average: 0.13, 0.21, 0.11

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)