*** Wolfgang Bornath Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:13:18 +0200 :

> I looked at the logs and gftp showed a cache of 1.2GB. Which was the
> reason my home partition was full!
>
> Now gftp-log shows "Error: Unvalid line in cache index file"
> Logfile is growing by the second! WTF!

I cleaned out the index file and restarted gftp. At the attempt to
download the CD1 iso gftp asked if I want to resume an interrupted
download and after "Yes" it downloaded some KB and said "Successful". It
was not! Number of KB showed that the local file was nearly 80KB larger
than the original. Of course, checksums did not match.

Now I've wasted nearly all my bandwidth and all I have is a CD2 iso.
I give up and ask someone in Germany to send me the CDs if possible.

Never experienced such trouble since I started downloading iso files.

wobo
--
"... and anyway, html can't carry a virus." (Aug 2001, Usenet)
GnuPG Public Key on http://www.wolf-b.de/misc