OK, it doesn't sound that bad in the beginning, but this is a dangerous
trend.
Like displaying ads while installing, OK, but will this mean that
usefull messages get less screenspace (ETA, actions, ...)

I'm also very cautious of big business getting a hold on Linux, this
means it will get ruined and changed by marketing, like most good
things.

Just my thoughts, but if this goes any further, I'm going Gentoo/Debian
or FreeBSD.